Project-specific engineering support is available and included. Please contact us with your requirements. We will also provide anticipated cooling output based on climate geography, efficiency and project cost payback and savings calculations.
- Download AMAX Info booklet
- Download the AMAX Overview.
- Check out the Shasta Eye Medical Group Data
- Download the EasyStreet-Data Center Case Study
- Download the Terms and Conditions.
- Evaporative Coolers introduction by Energy Savers, a Division of the Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy, US Department of Energy
- Evaporative Cooler Use from The University of Arizona, College of Agriculture
- New Evaporative Cooling Systems: An Emerging Solution for Homes in Hot Dry Climates with Modest Cooling Loads from Southwest Energy Efficiency Project (SWEEP)
- Evaporative Cooling from the California Energy Commission’s Consumer Energy Center
- Evaporative Cooling Design Guidelines Manual for New Mexico Schools and Commercial Buildings
What sort of Maintenance is required?
Cleaning: Coolers should be cleaned and disinfected at least every six months to ensure efficiency and air hygiene. Coolers may be disinfected using a mild solution of ordinary bleach (with the fan isolated). After bleaching, the basin must be flushed twice before use.
Seasonal Maintenance: Before and after each cooling season, steps must be taken to prepare AMAX coolers. At the beginning of each summer waterways and the pump should be cleaned and filled with water. At the end of each cooling season, units must be winterized to prevent freezing of each cooler’s water line. Water must be drained and blown out of the line between the inlet and float valve of each unit, and the basin should be cleaned.
Will AMAX make my building moist?
AMAX IDEC coolers produce humidity that is similar to traditional air conditioning units. AMEX IDEC designs pre-chill the air with an indirect cooling coil before the evaporative cooling. Because air is pre-chilled before the evaporative media, it provides comfortable air with less humidity than direct evaporative cooling.
Additionally, in the locations where evaporative cooling works best compression based air conditions increase humidity due to the recirculation of air. This is because, unlike AMAX coolers, which bring fresh air into the building, traditional air conditioning recirculates the same are throughout the building.
How much energy do AMAX Coolers save compared to traditional compressor based air conditioners?
In the right climate, AMAX products save up to 80% of the energy used by traditional coolers. The climate is important, because AMAX coolers work best in hotter and dry air — precisely where air conditioning is needed most!
Do Evaporative Coolers waste water?
We recognize that water is a precious resource in the arid southwest. All evaporative coolers use water to provide cooling. However, studies have shown that when the total resource requirements of power generation, transmission and distribution are considered evaporative cooling actually saves water in the aggregate. That is because large quantities of water are consumed in power generation. The 80%+ energy savings of evaporative cooling more than offset the water consumption. See for example, Consumptive Water Use for U.S. Power Production.
The energy savings of evaporative cooling solutions are further improved with the new Oasys Evaporative Cooler